The Application Deadline for 2022 – 2023 has passed. 

We are still processing your applications and want to help complete applications that are missing documentation.  Contact us with your questions @ or 508.796.2423.

    • Applicants may save their information and return to it at a future date.  
    • Please be sure to include all members of your household on your application, including children.  Your benefit is determined by the number of people who live in the household and your combined income.   
    • For faster processing, online applicants should be prepared to upload supporting documents listed below from your phone, tablet or computer.  It is strongly recommended to have them with you before you start the process. Incomplete applications will delay approval process.   
    • You may also mail, fax or email documents to the agency after you submit the application. Please mail or bring documents to us at 18 Chestnut Street, Suite 500, Worcester, MA 01608. Office is open to the public weekdays, 9 a.m.-4 p.m.

If you have Questions – you can either email us at or call us at 508-754-1176 to leave a message for a member of our heating assistance staff.

Required Forms/Information:

  • When you apply, please provide the following:
    • A copy of your current heating bill
    • Identification for all household members including a picture ID for the head of household
    • Current GROSS income from all sources and all household members for the past 30 days (4 consecutive pay stubs if paid weekly or 2 if paid bi-weekly)
    • Children 18 years and over who are students must provide a letter from the school indicating they are a full time student currently enrolled in school
    • If over 18 and claiming no income must sign a no-income statement. If you claimed no income for more than a year you must supply a wage statement from the Social Security office
    • Current tenant profile if you have a rental subsidy
    • A copy of your last check or print-out if receiving fixed income (Social Security, Disability, SSI, etc.)
    • Check stub, letter from pension co. or 1099 document received at the end of the year from pensions showing current gross amount.
    • If receiving child support, must provide copies of four current payments or court order with current copy of check or stub. Or, notarized statement from ex-spouse stating amount and frequency of payments
    • Four most recent stubs workers compensation
    • Unemployment award status
    • Documentation for the source of Interest Income of over $100 or more
    • If self-employed, a signed copy of prior year’s entire tax returns with all attachments. If self-prepared the signature page must be notarized. A transcript will be requested as well.
    • If you own a multi-family home: Rent receipts for your tenants, Property Tax bill, Homeowners insurance, Water/Sewer bill, Mortgage interest statement or current signed copy of entire Federal Tax returns, including Schedule E