YouthWorks is a state-funded youth employment program that helps teens and young adults develop skills and experience needed to find and keep jobs. Participants take part in paid short-term work placements during the summer at public, private, and nonprofit work sites. As part of the program, they receive training in core soft skills, practice professional behavior and learn how to work effectively with supervisors, co-workers and customers at their work sites. They also learn how to take the next steps in their education and career pathways.
Summer cohort will run July 5th-August 18th, serving youth up to the age of 25!
Deadline to apply is June 1st!
Email or call (508) 762-9853 with questions.
To apply for a job in the YouthWorks program:
- Applicants must reside in the City of Worcester
- Applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 25
- Applicants must fit the State mandated low-income/at-risk criteria – income verification is required
- Applicants must provide a signed copy of their Social Security card
- Applicants must submit to a CORI check/drug test, where required.
Contact Jenna Wills at 508 762-9853 for further information.
Seeking Employment Partners
If you are an employer interested in hosting youth for summer employment through the YouthWorks Summer Jobs Program, please contact ">Jenna Wills at 508.762.9853.
- Employers must provide meaningful, quality jobs
- Employers shall establish hours of work within the program guidelines
- Employers shall provide daily supervision and monitor attendance
- Employers shall strictly adhere to all Safety & Child Labor Laws
- Employers shall work closely with WCAC to ensure successful work experience
WCAC is responsible for all phases of the YouthWorks program; job development and placement, recruitment and eligibility, professionally developed pre-employment training, site monitoring and safety adherence, distribution of a weekly payroll, and constant communication with all interested parties. WCAC works closely with all state and local representatives to secure additional youth employment funds, as well as with many of our public and private sector employers to increase job availability for our youth.
YouthWorks is funded through the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development, and administered statewide by the Commonwealth Corporation. Locally it is coordinated through the Central MA Workforce Investment Board and managed on their behalf in Worcester by the Worcester Community Action Council.