EITC Eligibility Requirements for 2021 Tax Limits:
Qualifying Children Claimed
|Single, Head of Household, or Widowed||$15,820||$41,756||$47,440||$50,954|
|Married Filing Jointly||$21,710||$47,646||$53,330||$56,844|
Investment Income Limit
Investment income must be $3,650 or less for the year.
Maximum Credit Amounts
The maximum amount of credit for Tax Year 2021 is:
- $6,660 with three or more qualifying children
- $5,920 with two qualifying children
- $3,584 with one qualifying child
- $538 with no qualifying children
What you will need to complete your return:
- Proof of identification (photo ID)
- Social Security cards for you, your spouse and dependents or a Social Security number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- An Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter may be substituted for you, your spouse and your dependents if you do not have a Social Security number
- Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Wage and earning statements (Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R,1099-Misc) from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s federal and state returns, if available
- Proof of bank account routing and account numbers for direct deposit such as a blank check
- To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms
- Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identifying number such as their Social Security number or business Employer Identification Number
- Forms 1095-A, B or C, Affordable Health Care Statements
- Copies of income transcripts from IRS and state, if applicable
- Letter 6475 which shows how much EIP received in 2021
- Letter 6419 which shows how much advance child tax credit payments received.
Additionally, if you/your spouse are over 65 years old:
- Do you rent or own your home?
- If rent, how much do you pay for rent?
- If own, what is the assessed value of the property?
- How much did you pay for water and sewer in 2020?